- Presentation by Jovita C. Yesilyurt at the Citizen Science Cybersummit on Friday 21 February at UCL. More information here: http://cybersciencesummit.org/
- Sci-Art workshop and competition held at the Museum in March (13 participants including Central St Martins students and NHM volunteers)
- Paper submitted in May on 'Citizens, science and education: a case study from the Natural History Museum' for a new journal: Human Computation
- Sci-Art Competition deadline Monday 2 June. 6 entrants for the competition.
- Judges meet to decide the winners of the Sci-Art competition. Winners to be announced on Friday 27 June at the Museum -get ready!
- Come and see our Diatom designs and winners on display at the Natural History Museum from next week (w/c 28 July) outside the Angela Marmont Centre (UK Centre for biodiversity)
Join us for an OPEN DAY in the Specimen Preparation Area of the Darwin Centre on Thursday 31 July to celebrate our yearlong collaboration with diatoms and the milestones we have reached with the support of volunteers.
Come and see the Museum of Tiny, find out about ‘the art of making the invisible, visible’ and learn more about microscopic diatoms.
Free guided tours and special activities inside the SPA at: 11.00, 12.00, 14.15, 15.15
Each slot lasts half an hour; places are limited to 10 people per slot.
Register for your place now by emailing email@example.com. You will be contacted to confirm your place.
- At the end of January, through all our brilliant volunteer support, 1140 (out of 2850) diatom slides have been digitised
- We held a very successful Sci-Art workshop with 13 participants (including students from Central St Martins, diatom lovers and Museum volunteers)
Here's just 20 minutes of their creativity to share with you...Thank you to everyone who helped to make the workshop a success and those who took part. We look forward to seeing your fabulous 3D designs in June. (submission date for work is Monday 2 June)
- By the end of session 8 (on 20 March 2014) our current V Factor volunteers were running at high speed -processing a massive 99 slides in one session (2 hours long!)
- Our V Factor volunteer team win a Make A Difference Award. Here is a photo of all our NHM award winners. Congratulations!
- On lucky Friday 13 June we welcomed 8 Lloyds bank staff members to SPA as part of a 'Make A Difference Day'. Thanks for taking part everyone!
- TARGET COMPLETE: 2,850 Diatom slides have now been digitised (19 June 2014) THANK YOU to all volunteers who have helped us to achieve this magnificent goal.
- 31 July 2014 WATCH THIS SPACE as we will be launching our taxonomic tool on Diatoms Online with all the data that has been toiled over for the past 11 months!
- V Factor collaboration with diatoms begins! We welcomed our first volunteers in to the Specimen Preparation Area on Thursday 30 May 2013.